Cycling and mountain-biking in the Dolomites
Our Hotel Pontechiesa is an optimal starting point for cycling and mountainbiking! When you get back to the hotel after a long day, you can relax in our garden with panoramic view or enjoy a relaxing massage at the nearby Wellness & Beauty Center by arrangement with the hotel Pontechiesa.
- GRATIS small GARAGE for bicycles.
- Wash and small repairs included.
- Weather Forecast
Routes mapped out for those who love cycling, either by road or on mountain tracks. Conquer the mountain passes around Cortina, relish stunning landscapes and live first-hand the mythical roads ridden by Giro d'Italia racers. And for full-out freestyle freaks and hunters of downhill plunges, there's the Bike Park: full of jumps and technical passages, with equipped routes designed for various levels of skill, easily reached cable-car.
In the surroundings of our hotel, you can choose between:
- Easy cycling routes along the cycle path of the Dolomites - even to Toblach and Lienz
- Easy trails through the natural park of the Dolomites
- Climbing to the most beautiful areas of Cortina: from Croda da Lago in Cianderou, up to the waterfalls of Fanes to the top of Faloria
- Technical descents and fun with a gradient along the route of the Col Druscie where the Italian championships take place.
- Demanding routes such as along the "grandeguerra in bicicletta" and the "Girodei 5 rifugi" more than 40 miles through woods and rocks, alternately climb or run, cross the whole national park of the Dolomites or the trenches in the museum at the entrance of the Great War.